Friday, September 19, 2008

Hayfever

Spring has sprung, unclouded weather, fauna frolicking, flora irritating my sinuses. Victa mowers harmonise in their neighbourhood choir, the sounds of saws and hammers hold the beat. Summer will once again be upon me. Lazy strolls and lazy rides around the lake. The chance meeting of Prince Charming perhaps. Although not looking for love, looking for peace.

Debutante blossoms, rebirth and light, I can emerge like a flower in the caress of the sun. Winter sadness and gloom lifted away, now is the time to grow and bloom. The season for love, for joy, for peace, for fulfilled dreams. Time to be social. Time to embrace my personality and all her quirks and oddities. I don't need people to appreciate me. To be free, and be, I must appreciate me.

Hello world, I come in peace.

3 comments:

Muneeb A Pasha said...

I have yet to read as touching a declaration of positivity toward the weather from a non=Nobel laureate.

I hope the Universe accepts the peace you offer, and returns the favor.

Bruce Hodder said...

Lovely, and true. Beautiful last line. Maybe I should get that made up as a t-shirt slogan.
First, though, I have to figure out if I really do come in peace. 'Cause I'm not sure...

Holly said...

Muneeb, bless you, I knew you had a good heart. Thank you for that comment :D I'm cherishing it!

Brucie, You do come in peace, you've just currently got your cranky pants on, like we all wear from time to time!