Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gem

An opal is like a soul. Lost inside are fiery ribbons of gold, orange, green and blue. Like a kaliedoscope, facets shift and shine infinately.

I've learned to stop separating people from good and bad. Black, grey and white. Like the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang. You have a good person with a bit of bad and a bad person with a bit of good.

I've sort of expanded on that theory. We are all gems of a particular colour with hues of others that change with light (or circumstances). I used to see myself as an Amethyst but now? Now I am a White Opal with a fiery heart.

I used to think of Mum as the good guy, Dad as the bad. In recent news I've learned about my Mother's lies and in some aspects my Father's. Came to a head. They never changed. They were always. Different facets show.

I'm not afraid of being hurt physically, emotionally or spiritually anymore. The greatest foe I've ever had, myself, defeated but still lurking in the depths of my being.

I'm lonely. I still wish for Chris or at least someone to fill his space. I'm okay. I'm learning more about myself everyday. And I like me. I'm in awe as I view the different colours radiate from me, my gem.

3 comments:

Bruce Hodder said...

I wish I'd learned that lesson sooner. I cast my dad as the bad guy for a long, long time (aided by lies my sister told me), and I fear I may have done irreparable damage to our relationship, though we are in touch again now. He didn't talk about his problems with my mum to his childrem. But she blackened his name upside down and backwards. Which really wasn't fair on him or on us.
I just hope I'm a stone that somebody picks up every now and then. One that looks all right if the lights catches it right, but it doesn't scratch the holder.

Holly said...

I pick up stones at random, even ones that are quite repulsive to the eye. But there are stories, there are lessons. We are facets of the ones before us...and our facets are the facets of us.

Zatil said...

Wow, it's been so long since I read your great posts... I'll have tons of reading to do! :)
Btw, I really like that...our facets are the facets of us. It's true, it's true..