Friday, November 21, 2008

Interchange

I've gotten off the bus as it had reached the terminus. I'm standing here weary and confused at which bus I'm supposed to take and when. Should I hang around the terminal with a coffee in hand and a cigarette dangling in the other? Or fight for a seat?

I'm standing in a hall of mirrors, so crowded here with my infinate doppelgangers. Someone, perhaps the true me, is screaming, screaming, infinately screaming. Still the mirrors do not shatter.

But I am at the terminal breathing in acrid exhaust and stale tobacco smoke. Just standing. Just tired. Just bewildered at the buses, the destinations and estimated arrivals. How long do I have to stand here?

I often wish I could jump in a car and drive to destination unknown.

2 comments:

Bruce Hodder said...

I thought I saw you there, Holl. Went to say hello but a new language was busy forming in my mouth and all I could do was wave...

Zatil said...

Sometimes I feel that if I am stuck in a situation for so long, I really do wish to get out and run to anywhere else...and I don't care if the new place is worse than the current one.