Thursday, January 24, 2008

Word Up


So the whole world is talking about (I bloody hope!) Heath Ledger's passing.

When I was 13 I was listening to my favourite radio programme, they were talking about this new movie coming out and played a song from it that pretty much became one of my favourite songs of all time.

"It's coming round again
the slowly creeping hand
Of time and its command
Soon enough it comes
And settles in its place
Its shadow in my face
Puts pressure in my day

This life well it's slipping right through
my
hands
These days turned out nothing
L
ike I had planned "

These Days - Powderfinger (if you get the song, make sure it's the 99 version)

I was a very angry hurting 13 year old that just discovered 'Bulimia' cheers to my father beating me in my room and a handy garbage bag.

My sister would take myself or my brother and I out to the pictures to see whatever was on. Two Hands was one my sister and I saw, and I was so looking forward to seeing it after the reviews I heard on my favourite radio programme. That movie has been and probably will be forever, my favourite movie of all time. There have been and are so many instances when I think of that movie. I have seen it so many bloody times, different versions, etc, crikey, I could never ever ever get sick of it. One of those movies that has so many hidden innuendos in it. So devine.

And thus started high school crush on Heath Ledger.

I then saw 10 things I hate about you with my first ever proper High School boyfriend on one of our first dates and swooned some more.

Then they showed Roar on Fox8 which I watched religiously and made sure my brother taped missed episodes of it when my mother and I were in Scotland. Heath Ledger's character in Roar was Conor and for years and years and years and years I have wanted to call my first born Conor in honor of that character and my celtic roots. When my mother and I were overseas travelling from Scotland to America, The Patriot showed twice on the plane and twice long I swooned and swooned and my mother knows now just how much I am devastated by his loss. Not just a high school/teenage crush, I deeply admired him. He was too young. Sure he had issues, don't we all? But he was never as wild and wacky as Anna Nicole Smith or Pete Doherty or Amy Winehouse.

I was hoping he'd outlive me and I would go on swooning until my dying day.

Two Hands.

Favourite movie ever. With favourite actor and favourite music. (Powderfinger, Alex Lloyd, etc)

1 comment:

Bruce Hodder said...

I thought he was incredible in "NED KELLY".