Monday, January 7, 2008

Summer Breeze


Hello :)

I just got back from my road trip with my partner and his friends on Friday. We travelled along the Great Ocean Road and then up throught the Grampians. If you haven't done the Ocean Road it is one of the things you must do before you die.

Hot summer days but the ice cool coastal breezes along the way were heavenly. Wind blown from Antarctica I imagine or hope. It was funny too, driving to Cape Otway through the bush and seeing so many Koalas. I've never seen so many in one day. Now I have seen plenty of Kangaroos, Pure blooded Dingos, Emus and Platypuses and all manner of native bird. All in my backyard, I do feel lucky.

Then it was straight back to work for two days and I have the day off today and I for one, intend to enjoy it. Just chilling out alone.

It's flooding again up in the area where my mother is but I don't think it has affected them this time. Regardless I hope the cattle are okay.

And as I type I looked over at my fish tank and they've gone and clouded up all the water again. They ripped out their plant last week and shred it to bits. Usually it would grow back but 2 days ago they went silly again and ate the stalks of their plant. I've had them for a year and a half and they've never done that before to this degree.

The internet seems to be working again. It hasn't disconnected once since yesterday afternoon.

And touching on Bruce's comment about revelry and drunken celebrations. I don't do parties. It's an occasional thing for me. Last one I went to was my next-door neighbours engagement and that was low key. New Years Eve I sat and drank alone once again. Went outside for smokes here and there and another next door neighbour had a party on. They were sitting out in their backyard and I felt so alien around this noises and laughter and pleasantries and oh I don't know but I just felt completely alien.

Our fuckwit teenage neighbours decided once again to have a party on Saturday. No notification. Who gives a fuck if I have to be up at 5am for work? At least they didn't have the music up as loud as last time and they had less people. However the baaaad music, gangsta rap and really bad techno was still pumping clearly through my bedroom and even the living room where I decided to sleep, with two fans going ear to ear in an attempt to drown the noise out and keep cool. Didn't work. Young men up and down the driveway with their drunken laughter and some idiot young woman shrieking all the time I just wanted to wring her neck. Cars tooting their horns.

Next morning when I was going to the car for work, I noticed that either the fuckwit neighbours or their friends decided to snap an old lightpost from it's foundations and left it on the grass. For what, shits and giggles?

Makes me more adamant to get a new place.

Or go on a killing spree.

1 comment:

Bruce Hodder said...

Beautiful writing as usual. Makes me want to hit the road. Though here, of course, it's too cold. I'll probably just stay in bed and listen to football until the spring chutes appear.