Wednesday, July 9, 2008

As The World Turns

How quickly time flies. How emotions rise and fall; how people come and go; how the Earth day in and day out, continues to spin.

How often a heart breaks, mends with the love and warmth of another and breaks apart once more to be mended again.

How often a person draws their final breath as another draws their first.

How hard it can be to carry on and how many times one has looked back wondering why is was hard to begin with and to feel a sense of pride in what it is to be successful and never have given up that hope.

To look in the smiling eyes of the ones who have come after us. To see the hope, amazement, wonder, awe in the eyes. Did I feel the same back then?

I have been fortunate. I have been unfortunate. Such is life. I've had strength. I have been weak.

The challenge seems to get more difficult as time wears on, as the world continues to turn slowly. My strength falters more so. I'm weak, too weak, so I have cut my ties to those whom I love, those I don't want to drag down into my despair.

No comments: